That Morning Thing (1967)
An opera by Robert Ashley
Historic restaging of Ashley's legendary 1967 opera. Directed by Fast Forward. Produced by Performa 11 and Performing Artservices, Inc. and presented at The Kitchen.
Program (pdf file)
Program Insert (She Was A Visitor audience score) (pdf file)
PRESS AND PROCESS
- Here is the TMT BLOG that documents the whole process.
- Here is a FADER TV interview with Robert Ashley aboout That Morning Thing.
- Here is a review from Andy Horwitz at CULTUREBOT
- Here is a review in THE NEW YORK TIMES by Steve Smith.
- Here is a review by Bonnie Wright at HENCEFORTH RECORDS.
- Here is San Francisco writer Brian Rosen's (MUSIC VS. THEATER) response to the work.
- Here is a review in PERFORMA Magazine by Ceci Moss.
- Here is a review at FRIEZE blog by Agnieszka Gratza
- Here Mark Beasley speaks with Robert Ashley about That Morning Thing.
- And a related article on BOMBLOG by Nick Hallett.
For More Information:
Performing Artservices, Inc.
260 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013